What to Do After a Collision
Take a deep breath and walk through the checklist below. We’ll help you figure out the rest.
- Photograph the scene from multiple angles. If there is not an urgent need to move the vehicles, try photograph them exactly as they are, prior to moving them.
- Move vehicles to safety and call for medical assistance if necessary. If you vehicle is blocking traffic or in danger of being hit again by passing cars, you will want to play it safe.
- Call local police and inform of the accident. Having an official police record can be important in some situations.
- Collect accident and driver information if other parties were involved.
- Call Statewide Towing. Statewide is the only tow company with 24/7 access to the Buerkle Body Shop and has worked closely with us for many years. They will bring your vehicle exactly where it needs to go.
- While you wait for Statewide Towing, call your insurance company and report the accident.
- Do you need a vehicle to drive?
During business hours: just give us a call.
Outside of business hours: we will get in contact with you as soon as we can during the next business day to guide you through your next steps. Find a friend or family member or a taxi to bring you home, and take a deep breath – we will be in touch.